Christian Reformed Church of St. Albert
COVID-19 Information and Protocols
May 2021 Update: Suspension of In-Person Worship Services Until Further Notice
The most recent COVID-related restrictions announced by the Premier of Alberta on May 4, 2021 limit the number of attendees at a worship service to 15 people. Previously, the restriction was 15% of our fire code maximum occupancy, or 45 in total. In light of this new restriction, we are suspending in-person services until such time as the restriction on the number of attendees is removed or relaxed.
We will continue to provide the Sunday church service on-line by live-stream; you may also be aware that you can watch the live-stream as a recorded event at your convenience following the original live-stream broadcast. You may also be interested to know that we are undertaking enhancements to our sound board and to the church's internet service to provide the best possible live-stream experience, and your patience, as always, is greatly appreciated in this regard.
(The following information is retained for future reference when we return to in-person services)
We will be following the guidelines for worship assemblies as outlined by Alberta Health Services (AHS). A link is below. We trust in your patience and understanding as a congregation during this time of transition. We are also thankful to the Lord for keeping us through this time, and trust in His wisdom and guidance as we move ahead.
1. In-person services are not allowed to exceed the safe limits of our capacity (current May 2021 AHS restrictions allow us 15 people). When we return to in-person services in the future, pre-registration will be required to ensure a smooth and safe arrival into the sanctuary. If you are unable to register on-line beforehand, please call the church office during office hours to pre-register.
2. We are taking precautions to minimize the risk for all who attend, however we cannot eliminate that risk completely. If you or someone in your home is experiencing symptoms of Covid such as a fever, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose (children exempt from this one) we ask that you not attend for 14 days. This is in compliance with AHS requirements, and for the safety of all attendees. We will continue to provide on-line worship services for all who are not able to attend in person.
3. The use of non-medical nose and mouth coverings is mandatory for all who come to worship. We will have disposable masks available at the door if you have not brought one. In the interest and commitment to environmental responsibility, we encourage reusable cloth masks whenever possible. Note, children are included in this requirement, except for children under 2 years old.
4. You will be welcomed at the door by an usher/greeter who will respond to any questions you might have. AHS requires that the host church ask all who enter a few questions about their health. Your name will be identified on our list of pre-registered attendees. We will need to ask for a primary phone number. This information will be held for two weeks. Health monitoring and contact tracing are an essential part of a successful relaunch. Please arrive at church in time to give us opportunity to work through the procedures so we can begin worship at 10.30. We also require that you practice social distancing while waiting for your turn to enter the building.
5. Hand sanitizers are available throughout the church. We ask that you clean your hands upon entering and exiting the building.
6. It is required that you maintain a two meter space between yourself and people who are not in your household. We will ensure that such a space is also maintained between the congregation and the worship team. Throughout your time at church, please refrain from handshakes, hugs, or any type of physical contact.
7. AHS mandates that we are not able to provide nursery ministry, so please keep your young ones with you. We will be making extra effort to engage our children in our worship times.
8. Congregational singing has proven to be a primary way in which germs can spread and is therefore not done during this time. Face masks are mandatory at all times during the service, however in order to help prevent the spread of covid even singing is unfortunately not done except by the worship team. We invite you to use other means to engage in worship, i.e. humming, actions, mouthing the words, and clapping.
9. Offerings will be restricted to checks (no cash please) dropped into a basket at the conclusion of the service as you exit the sanctuary. We continue to encourage and appreciate your online giving (firstname.lastname@example.org).
10. Exiting the sanctuary will be done one row at a time to ensure a smooth exit and social distancing.
11. Following the service, we are asked to exit the building directly. If you wish to talk outside the church building, maintain the two meter distancing rule.
Our goal is to enjoy worshiping our Lord as a community of faith together in a safe way.
Pre-Registration Information (On Hold Until May 2021 Restrictions are Eased)
(The following is saved for future reference when we return to in-person services):
Here is how to pre-register for your attendance at a Sunday service:
2. Click on the box “Church Service at 10:30” under the Sunday date.
3. Fill in the appropriate information. Please use a primary email address that you access regularly. Providing up to date contact information is an important part of AHS re-opening strategy for places of worship, and is an integral part of contact tracing. The information will be deleted after two weeks. Please only register for your own immediate family.
4. If you are unable to register online, please contact Lota at the Church Office during office hours (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9am-2pm), or send an e-mail to email@example.com. If it says "there are no upcoming events to register for", that typically means the service is already at full capacity.
If you have any questions regarding our reopening protocol or your own circumstances as they relate to our re-opening and in-person worship, please contact Lota in the Church Office during office hours (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9am-2pm), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and for your support and blessing over the past four months. May the Spirit of the Lord give us wisdom and guide us as we look ahead in faith to the future he has prepared for us as his church. And may the grace and peace be ours in abundance in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, (II Peter 1.2).
St. Albert CRC Council
With No Sunday School right now, we have a great Kids Zone set up in the sanctuary. This table is set up for kids to come and pick a few things to keep them involved during the service. Books, activity sheets, crayons, dancing rings, and memory verse cards.
All are welcome. Wiggle, giggles and all!